Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date: 19 April 2022
- Conduct risk, compliance and fraud awareness campaigns.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and updating the risk registers.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of risk mitigation strategies and obtaining evidence of activities.
- Liaise with the appropriate stakeholders and role players in the various Units to establish relationships.
- Assist in ensuring understanding of the risks, emerging risks, processes and controls, to enable proactive risk management.
- Conduct research on emerging risks as well as various applicable compliance requirements
- Prepare risk and compliance reports for management
- Assist in enhancing compliance checklists.
- Assist in completing compliance checklists in consultation with business units and obtaining evidence of compliance.
- Assist in standardizing current controls and developing a control library.
- Assist in capturing risk information into the ERP risk management system.
- Identify risk activities.
- Assist in improving the maturity of risk and compliance management at the CGS.
- Review and improve the standard operating procedure for risk and compliance management.
- Monitor the quality of your own work and compile reports where necessary.
- Provide assistance with general administration and conduct ad-hoc administrative tasks as required, including taking minutes of meetings.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Risk Manager.
BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Well organized and able to prioritize own work.
- Meets deadlines.
- Report writing.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Speak English at a business fluency level
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-year relevant experience will be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate and know how to use Microsoft Office.
- Matric and,
- National Diploma (NQF level 6) in Enterprise Risk Management/ Compliance Management/ Risk and Compliance /Law.
- B Degree in Enterprise Risk Management/ Compliance Management / Risk and Compliance/ Law would be advantageous.
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote the position title (2x Risk and Compliance Management Interns) as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.