Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Closing Date: 11 May 2022
The Centre for Student Counselling and Development at Stellenbosch University is seeking intern psychologists. These positions are for a period of 12 months.
The CSCD will assist you in compiling an individual programme for approval with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. It is the primary objective of the Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) to be focused on student wellness and development. The CSCD consists of four units and delivers an integrated, professional, client-centred service that focuses on support and development. This position is based at the Unit for Academic Counselling and Development.
- Delivering psychological services to students, prospective students, as well as scholars (Grade R – 7), including psychometric assessment, academic counselling, career development counselling and psychotherapy;
- Presenting workshops;
- Writing psychological reports;
- Conducting intake interviews;
- Performing administrative tasks;
- Participating in individual and group supervision;
- Case presentations;
- Conducting relevant research to support casework.
- Proof of registration or proof of successful completion of a structured Master’s programme in Educational Psychology;
- A completed module in Career Counselling at the Master’s level;
- Knowledge of and experience in a narrative approach to career counselling;
- A scientific-practical approach to the development of essential skills to foster student success;
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act No. 38 of 2005 and the application thereof;
- Knowledge and experience with regards to therapeutic interventions of younger children and parents;
- Experience in compiling and facilitating group work sessions;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Intern Psychologist in Educational Psychology on appointment;
- Computer proficiency;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to work effectively in a team;
- The ability to work according to a fixed schedule in a structured environment and deliver a quality service.
- Work experience within a multidisciplinary professional team;
- Above average written and verbal proficiency in English and one other official South African language.