Closing Date: 28 October 2022
Gauteng Department of Social Development: Bursaries for 2023
The Gauteng Department of Social Development is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year. The bursary aims to promote skills development and quality education for students who excel academically, within the province.
Fields of study:
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing in Gauteng, who have a passion for the Social sector, for studies in these fields:
- Clinical Psychology
- Community Development
- Demography and Population Studies
- Financial Management
- Occupational Therapy
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Gauteng province (for a minimum of 1 year before applying for this bursary)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2023
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must intend on pursuing a career within the Social sector
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books and study materials.
Successful candidates will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with the Gauteng Department of Social Development.
How to Apply
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- All education qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Proof of residence in Gauteng
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be returned to any Gauteng Social Development office or institution.
NB. Enter “www.schoolahead.co.za” in the field asking how you heard about the Gauteng DSD bursary.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng Department of Social Development directly:
Contact person: Veli Ngobese
Tel: 011 227 0065
Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 months after the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback by the end of January 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.