Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
BDO: Procurement Internship Programme 2024
Primary Purpose of the Job: To assist the procurement department with meeting its administrative objectives, handle inquiries and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in compiling the tender documents.
- Phone potential suppliers to notify them of the upcoming invitations.
- Timeously email the invitation to suppliers, as per the tender guidelines.
- Provide support to the Procurement Specialist to compile a register with contact details and supplier responses. (Evaluation Template)
- Create and maintain the Teams site and ensure all documents are relevant throughout the tender process.
- Book meetings when required.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained in the information gathering process relating to the criteria of suppliers.
- Assist with the general administration of supplier information, data accuracy and document management records.
- Support the Procurement Specialist in obtaining all relevant documentation for new suppliers or re-evaluation of current suppliers.
- Ensure that all supplier information is correct, accurate and complete on the vendor management system.
- Upload documents on SharePoint for recordkeeping.
- Attend to and resolve all queries; if unable to resolve, escalate to manager
- Degree/Diploma in: Procurement or Commerce.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written Communications Skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Ethical Behaviour
- Ability to Multitask
- Cope well under pressure