Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Closing Date: 29 April 2022
Amatola Water based in East London is offering an internship programme as part of its contribution to skills development initiatives as expressed in the National Skills Development Plan 2030 objectives by inviting unemployed graduates to participate in a 12 months internship programme.
The programme will afford the interns much-needed and valuable workplace-based experience and enhance employment prospects. Applicants must be unemployed graduates from institutions accredited by the Council of Higher Education with the following qualifications.
Field of study:
Labour Relations Office Internship
- Qualifications: Diploma/ Degree in Human Resource Management with Postgraduate Diploma in Labour Law.
Contracts Management Internship
- Qualifications: Diploma/ Degree in Commerce/ Business Administration/ Office Management
Supply Chain Management Internship
- Qualifications: BCom in Supply Chain Management/ National Diploma in Public Procurement and Logistics
Programmes Section Internship
- Qualifications: National Diploma/Degree in Public Management/ Administration/ Office Management
Safety Health Internship
- Qualifications: National Diploma in Safety Management/ Environmental Management
- Qualifications: National Diploma in Information Technology or Software Development/Information Systems /Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Bachelor of Commerce in Information Systems.
- Qualifications: BComm in Accounting, Auditing
Civil Engineering Internship
- Qualifications: National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
Water Services Operations Internship
- Qualifications: National Diploma in Water Care
The applicant must NOT have been exposed to work experience in the area of study or have participated in an internship programme before. Interested candidates should forward their recently updated CV’s, accompanied by the following documentation:
- Covering motivational letter quoting the office that one is applying for.
- Certified South African ID copy
- Certified Matric Certificate
- Certified copy of qualification certificate or letter confirming the completion of the qualification from the institution of Higher Learning
- Certified Academic record with Modules completed
In the event that the above is not attached then the applicant will be disqualified.
In addition, applicants must be:
- South African citizen
- Unemployed graduates between age of 18-35
- Available for placement within the East London vicinity
NB: People living with disability are encouraged to apply
These appointments will be finalized in accordance with Amatola Water’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment Policy. Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons from designated groups particularly women and people living with disabilities. A monthly stipend will be provided to all appointed candidates.
How to Apply
The closing date of the applications is the 29th April 2022. Due the Covid-19 Restrictions NO hand delivered or posted applications will be considered. Application is ONLY restricted to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wherein an applicant is not contacted within 2 Months from the closing date, the applicant must consider his/her application as being unsuccessful. Lobbying of any Amatola Water employee to treat a certain application more favorable than others will disqualify a candidate from the selection.
Any enquiries regarding this advertisement can be directed to Mr. S Rangana or Ms S Cetywayo on 043 709 3709.