Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Zutari – Bursary 2023
Zutari invites qualifying students to apply for the 2023 Bursary Programme.
Fields of study:
Bursaries will be awarded for BSc or BEng undergraduate degree studies, in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- and other related disciplines
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate degree in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a university that is recognised or accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 80% AND a minimum of level 7 for Mathematics and Physical Science
- 1st year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75%
- 2nd year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- 3rd year students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be creative, passionate about infrastructure engineering and passionate about making a positive impact in Africa
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups within South Africa
Academic performance will be reviewed in June and in November each year, after receiving students exam results. Students will then continue to receive funding if their results are satisfactory, however students who do not satisfy the minimum requirements will have their funding placed on hold, until results improve.
Once students have graduated, they are required to enter in to the Zutari graduate recruitment process, whereby they will be placed in a graduate role – graduates will complete one year of work for each year of bursary funding received.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Zutari Bursary Application 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to panel interviews. Candidates will then be selected based on 4 main criteria: academic performance, field of study, financial need and interview score.