Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Closing Date: 18 April 2022
Qualifications And Experience Required
- BSc Civil Engineering degree.
- Post-graduate Masters (MEng / MScEng) qualification in Coastal and Port Engineering will be highly advantageous.
- Registration as an Engineer in Training with ECSA will be an advantage.
- 2– 3 years of post-graduate design experience in Ports & Coastal engineering will be advantageous.
- Concept to detail design and construction drawing production on Port & Coastal projects.
- Experience in coastal engineering and other software tools:
- AutoCAD Civil3D
- CEDAS or similar (shoreline models, storm erosion models) will be an advantage
- Modeling software such as SWAN, Deltares Delft-3D and DHI Mike will be an advantage
- Competence in digital engineering and computer proficiency using MATLAB / PYTHON/VBA to analyze environmental data and/or facilitate designs would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of coastal design guidelines and standards, e.g. Rock Manual, CEM, DNV, BS codes, EuroTop.
- Willingness to develop Ports and Maritime design skills in addition to any current experience
Key Competencies And Generic Skills
- Analytical and problem-solving thinking and approach
- An interest in coastal processes and an aptitude for coastal engineering
- Ability to work effectively and to be focused on delivery
- Ability to work independently by own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage and plan his/her own time and workload to meet deadlines and in line with appropriate standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially within a team set-up, ability to explain technical work clearly
- Attention to detail
- Willing and keen to learn
- Creative and critical thinking in terms of challenging the normal and the abnormal
- Good engineering judgment and decision making
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing environments
- Trustworthy and a team worker with proven leadership capabilities