Closing Date: 09 January 2023
The Genesis Educational Foundation (GEFT): Bursaries 2023
The GEFT bursary is offered to young South African students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are eligible to study towards their Honours or Master’s degree in the fields of study mentioned below.
Who can Apply?
- Bursaries will be awarded for Honours and Master’s studies in Economics or related disciplines (Economics, Economic Science, Applied Economics, Development Economics, Behavioural Economics, International Development and Public Health: Epidemiology or Health Economics).
- Bursaries will also be awarded for postgraduate studies in Public Health and related disciplines.
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the postgraduate qualifications listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for your undergraduate or Honours degree
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background (per the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998)
- You must be from a designated group (i.e. African, Indian or Coloured)
The bursary will provide full or partial cover for the following expenses: Tuition fees, Prescribed Books and Stationery. GEFT may also provide funding for additional expenses, such as accommodation, a living allowance and transport, dependent on the Trusts available funds.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Genesis Educational Foundation Bursary Application 2023
NB: only applications submitted via the online application portal will be accepted. Applications received via email will NOT be accepted.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, from your 1st year of study to current date (on university letterhead and in 1 document)
- A writing sample (essay/ proposal/ assignment: a recent submission from the current or previous academic year)