Closing Date: Not Specified
The South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF) invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF): Bursaries 2023
The South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF) invites students to apply for the 2023 Bursary Programme. Each year, the organisation provides funding to students all over South Africa, who are in financial need and are unable to pay for their tertiary studies.
Fields of study:
The bursary will cover ALL fields of study.
- You must be a South African citizen or a foreign national with a study permit
- You must reside in the province of which you are applying
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have applied for NSFAS before applying for this bursary (Apply for NSFAS funding here)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised University, University of Technology or Technikon in South Africa
- You must meet the Requirements of the SANZAF
- You must fall into one of these 3 categories:
- currently in Matric
- currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by a family member or yourself last year
- currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by SANZAF last year
- The Bursary Committee will assess each application received and shortlist potential candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – date, time and venue will be advised via email.
- Candidates who do not attend the interview or submit the required documents, will be disqualified.
- Candidates will be given feedback on their application by their regional office.
- Selected candidates will receive a Confirmation of Pledge letter.
- Bursary payments will be made into the institutions account.
- Candidates will be required to pay for their own registration fees.
How to Apply
Western Cape students: