Closing Date: 25 November 2022
Saab Grintek Defence invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these preferred fields:
- Computer Engineering (BEng)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Electronic Engineering with a specialisation in RF Microwave or Antenna Engineering (BEng)
- Electronic Engineering Postgraduate degree with a specialisation in RF Microwave or Antenna Engineering (Honours, Masters, PhD)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation, meals and a laptop allowance.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to gain workplace exposure through a structured vacation work programme, that includes coaching and mentorship.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must have completed your first year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have excellent results for Science and Mathematics
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursaries for the 2023 academic year
How to Apply
Students who meet all the criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full university academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Saab Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).