Location: Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date: Not Specified
As a graduate, you will join our programme within FSA and will rotate in various areas. The FSA graduate Internship programme offers you the opportunity to rotate across three core business areas for a period of 3 years, giving you exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modeling, design and implementation of risk/capital/funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
- Assisting in the development, automation and validation of financial and risk models.
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation).
- Perform numerical valuation techniques (e.g. derivatives and exotic structures) and construct yield curves.
- Assisting in the creation of market-leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem-solving.
- Reporting to the Manager who leads the team you are assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leading individual projects.
University Graduate or in their final year of study in: (BCom / BSc / BBSc) specializing in any of the following:
- Actuarial Science;
- Applied Economics/Econometrics;
- Computer/Data Science/Analytics;
- Engineering (preferably Electrical or Electronic);
- Mathematical Sciences/Statistics;
- (Applied/Financial) Mathematics;
- Quantitative Risk Management;
- (Applied) Statistics
- Any other relevant degree
NB. The intention to pursue a professional qualification (CFA / FRM / PRM / FIA / FASSA) is advantageous.
What the Programme offers:
- Unrivaled learning opportunities. Because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different, providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields. The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading-edge projects.
- Extensive exposure to a broad range of risk work, providing the opportunity to build and strengthen a broad range of risk management skills
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access International best practices.
How to Apply
NB: Your application will only be considered complete if you attach ALL of the following documents:
- Full CV
- Copy of ID document
- Copy of matric certificate
- Copy of university academic transcripts
If you are struggling to load multiple documents please put the required attachments into 1 file/pdf and submit.