Closing Date: 10 October 2022
AMSOL: Bursaries for 2023
AMSOL is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Fields of study:
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Marine Engineering (Advanced Diploma)
- Marine Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Nautical Science (Bachelor of)
- Nautical Studies (Diploma)
- STCW Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch Course
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently be in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum result of 60% or Level 5 for English in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum result of 60% or Level 5 for Mathematics in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum result of 60% or Level 5 for Physical Science in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University or SAMSA-accredited training facility
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding for the 2023 academic year (i.e you must be un-bonded)
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, as a minimum. The bursary may also provide cover for the following expenses: textbooks and accommodation in residence – depending on availability of funds and the students personal circumstances. Students will be required to pay for their own registration fees.
Once students have graduated, they may be required to take up employment with AMSOL – this will be at the discretion of the company and based on operational requirements.
How to Apply
Submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation:
- Grade 11 final school report, if currently in Matric (Matric final results must be submitted as soon as it becomes available)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Most recent academic results/ transcripts, if currently studying
- Curriculum Vitae, with contactable references
- Motivational letter to support your application
NB: there is no application form for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Insert the words “2023 Bursary Committee” in the email subject line).