Closing Date: 04 March 2022
African Rainbow Minerals (ARM) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies at the University of Cape Town and the University of Stellenbosch, within these fields:
University of Cape Town:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
University of Stellenbosch:
- Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses, for the entire duration of the course of study: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, laptop, accommodation in a university residence, meals, and a data allowance if necessary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 21 days after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates will be required to attend a panel interview and partake in psychometric assessments before final selection is made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying at the University of Cape Town or the University of Stellenbosch, within one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st or 2nd year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd or 3rd year of study in 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding
How to Apply
Students who meet the criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- University full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- University acceptance letter
- Motivational letter to support your application (maximum 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 1 page)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: ARMbrightsparks@arm.co.za
(Insert the words “ARM Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).